Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Same

Well, as the title implies, nothing has changed here. The scale still says the same thing. I've been trying to stick to my exercise schedule, and I haven't been doing too bad at it. There were a few days that I never got around to it because of other things going on. I'm still sugar-free, but sometimes I get a really bad craving for something sweet. If I ignore it, then it eventually goes away. I know that if I give in and have a little, it will turn into a bunch and I'll feel very guilty afterwards. Yesterday I watched a video of myself from this time last year and I could really see a difference. Other people might not pick up on it; but I could tell. I really want to be at that state of health again. I do okay with eating good size portions and choosing the right foods... that's how I'm maintaining my weight. It's the part about restricting the amount of food I eat that I'm not crazy about. But, if I want to get those last few pounds off, I'm just going to have to start eating less and calling on more help from the Lord!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam dear I feel for you hun. I am in a platue also and maintaining too. At least we know that when we get to that weight we know how to keep it. Dont restrict to many calories because that is not good and remember to listen to your tummy it knows when you need food ad it will make you tired and show other signs too.
Also a wonderful book to read, which I have, is The eat-clean diet by Tosca Reno. No dont confuse the title because it s not a diet but a lifestyle as she explains in her book. It talks so much about nutrition and food and so many other things. Alot of my friends on the Tae bo site have it and follow it but not as strict as she does. I just started to make some changes and we will see how it goes.
She also has a cook book too and is coming out with a book or cook book really soon for kids and family with wonderful recipes.
One of the things she also talks about is getting flaxseed and bee pollen in everyday to help with cravings, weightloss and all around health.
Ok i better stop and just email you or I could go on for days, hehehe.
Love you dear and I am here if you need anything. Send my love to the family. BTW I need your mailing addy, I have had something for you for awhile but keep forgetting to ask Rachael for it.

TO BECOME said...

Dear Pam, how do you feel about using Splenda. I have started using it in my tea and on my cereal. I am beginning to like it. I don't even know if you can get it there.

I am doing much better with the diabetes. Wow, I hope I am able to keep that under control.

You will make it, Pam, I know you will. love you, connie from Texas

Heather said...

Hey Pam...I feel so bad, this is my first visit here!!! Praying you can feel your best soon!

Pam--in America said...

Connie, if you come back to read this.... I DO use Splenda. I'll mention that in my next post.

Heather, don't worry about not coming by before now. It's not like you really need this kind of blog anyway. Unless you've started eating pizza every day ;) But, of course, you're welcome here any time!

~~Deby said...

Wellllll...to be honest I have really been struggling for months...in fact my doctor wanted me to consider gastric bypass...I went to the first meeting and was due to start the pre surgery process YESTERDAY.....I have been so stressing about this decision and then read all the side effects and long term problems and sought counsel and decided AGAINST it...I thought, I can't handle a sin problem with a carnal solution...so today I am deciding that this Friday when I shop..I am going back to the South Beach Diet way of eating which is so healthy and no sugar etc.....it really is a process isn't it.
Deby

TO BECOME said...

Dear Pam, I have missed you. I hope you are not ill. You encouragement has always been a blessing that I have looked for. I hope you are well and you know you are loved and appreciated. connie from texas